It’s not uncommon for pregnant women to experience a heightened sex drive, and in some cases, their partners just can’t keep up. The good news is that there are plenty of sex toys out there to help scratch that itch, whether you’re playing with your partner or flying solo.
The best pregnant sex toys are made from body-safe materials that are hygienic and easy to clean, helping prevent infection. Additionally, they should be powerful and directly stimulate the pregnant women’s highly sensitized areas, such as the clitoris.
In this article, I’ll discuss five of the best vibrators and sex toys for pregnant women. Then, I’ll go over how to choose the best pregnancy toys to make this special time in your life even more enjoyable!
- What Are The Best Pregnant Sex Toys?
- Pregnant Sex Toys Reviews
- Pregnancy Sex Toys Buyers Guide
- What Features To Look For in Pregnant Sex Toys
- Benefits of Using a Sex Toy When Pregnant
- How To Have Fun With Sex Toys When You’re Pregnant
- Types of Sex Toy To Use When Pregnant
- Top Tips for Using Pregnancy Sex Toys
- Key Takeaways
- Pregnancy Sex Toy FAQS
What Are The Best Pregnant Sex Toys?
Pregnant Sex Toys Reviews
The Moxie Panty Vibrator will make orgasming during pregnancy a piece of cake.
This handy dandy vibe was designed to fit perfectly in the pocket of your panties. It has a strong magnet that keeps it stuck in place, so you won’t have to worry about it sliding out of position.
It’s controlled via the We-Connect app, so you or your partner can effortlessly adjust its pattern and intensity from your phone.
With up to two hours of runtime from one charge, you will have plenty of time to achieve sweet release.
Discreetness is not an issue with this tiny vibe. It produces around 40 dB, which is equivalent to the sounds of a quiet library. So, you can use this toy while running errands or to help make your day a little spicier, no matter where you are.
- Truly is whisper-quiet, allowing for discreet play
- Ideal for long-distance play with partners
- Very comfortable even during long-term wear
- App can be a little glitchy sometimes
If you’re looking for a “hands-on’’ experience, the LoveLife Rev Finger Vibrator is just what you need.
This gorgeous turquoise toy has a simple one-button design that allows you to effortlessly cycle through its five different pulsation options.
It also features an ergonomic handle that will be comfortable to grip onto during your entire pleasure session. Simply slide two fingers through the handle, and place the vibrating base against your clit, and you’ll be on your knees in minutes.
When it comes to noise, this finger vibe is pretty darn quiet, producing approximately 55 dBs on its highest setting, comparable to the sound of an electric toothbrush.
So even if you have visitors staying at your home during your pregnancy, you’ll still be able to achieve release discreetly.
- The motor is very powerful, producing great vibrations
- Toy is incredibly quiet, allowing for discreet play
- Body-safe silicone construction
- Takes approximately an hour and a half to charge for just 30 minutes of use
- Only has five vibration options
Sex during pregnancy can be pretty uncomfortable. It’s not always easy to find a position that’s both comfortable and stimulating, which can be frustrating for you and your partner.
But don’t worry, the Liberator Sex Position Wedge is here to help!
This soft foam wedge elevates your lower half at a 27° angle, giving your partners better access to your naughty bits. The wedge is also incredibly comfortable, giving you support to perform positions that may not have been accessible before.
Try resting your belly on the wedge to allow your partner to enter you from behind. Or, try lying on your back with your bottom propped on the wedge for some excellent oral sex.
Whatever positions you love, the Liberator Wedge allows you to make them a reality, even when you’re pregnant!
- Helps pregnant women get into positions that otherwise would be too uncomfortable
- Provides support during intercourse
- Offers partners greater access to your private parts
- Pretty expensive for a non-motorized toy, but it’s well worth it
During pregnancy, especially in the later months, it can be difficult to precisely stimulate your erogenous zone when your belly is in the way. That’s where the Le Wand Vibrator comes in.
This toy is 13.5 inches (34.3 cm) long, permitting you to easily reach your clit without having to contort your body into an uncomfortable position, making it one of the best vibrators to own while pregnant.
The Le Wand also has a flexible head that you can bend one way or another to target your pleasure points, even when it’s difficult to see.
Another fantastic thing about the Le Wand is its runtime. A three-hour charge will give you up to five hours of playtime, allowing you to have fun for hours on end.
With 20 different patterns and ten different intensity levels, this powerful vibe will be your best friend throughout your entire pregnancy.
- Long handle makes it easy to maneuver during pregnancy
- Incredibly long runtime of 5 hours
- Has a travel lock so you can discreetly take it with you wherever you go
- Only has one button to cycle through 20 different patterns
Pregnancy Sex Toys Buyers Guide
Many women experience increased libido and sexual desire during their pregnancy, especially during their second trimester. Additionally, some pregnant women go through physical changes that make sex more enjoyable, such as increased wetness, hypersensitive clits, and more intense orgasms.
With that in mind, sex toys are a great way to get the release you need when you need it the most.
The five best pregnant sex toys include the We-Vibe Panty Vibrator, the Womanizer Premium Clitoral Stimulator, and the Ohmibod Finger Vibrator, all of which are discreet but powerful. If you just can’t find the right position, the Liberator Sex Position Wedge offers added support during play.
While all sex toys you use during your pregnancy should be safe and effective, the rest is really up to you. Still, I’ve made a list of five well-reviewed options to help you feel more satisfied.
What Features To Look For in Pregnant Sex Toys
During this special time in your life, you’ll need to be especially careful about what you are putting in and on your body to avoid passing potentially harmful chemicals and germs onto your baby.
Therefore, you should look for toys with the following features to help keep you and your little one safe.
Make Sure The Toys Are Phthalate-Free
Phthalates are harmful substances that are often found in plastics. Researchers have found them incredibly detrimental to humans, especially fetuses, who may be more likely to become obese or develop diseases like cancer if exposed to phthalates in the womb.
Therefore, you should only purchase phthalate-free sex toys from reputable dealers to keep you and your baby safe.
Make Sure The Toy Is Made From Non-Porous Materials
Porous sex toys, like those made from jelly and rubber, should be avoided during pregnancy since they have tiny holes in them that can harbor bacteria, even after cleaning.
Try sticking with sex toys made from body safe silicone, stainless steel, and other non-porous materials, as these will help prevent you from getting potentially harmful infections.
Benefits of Using a Sex Toy When Pregnant
Many women find that using an intimate toy can help enhance their sexual satisfaction during pregnancy. As your body changes, there can be plenty of new sensations for you to explore and enjoy, and intimate toys can help you do just that.
- Help to relieve muscle tension and aching in the vaginal area, minimizing discomfort.
- Increased blood flow and promote relaxation, which may help to alleviate symptoms of morning sickness, fatigue, and constipation.
- Increase stimulation, which may help to improve mood, reduce stress, and promote a better sleep quality.
- Enhance intimacy and sexual desire between you and your partner, helping to strengthen the bond between you two.
- Many women find that using an intimate toy can help enhance their sexual satisfaction during pregnancy. As your body changes, there can be plenty of new sensations for you to explore and enjoy, and intimate toys can help you do just that.
- Finally, using intimate toys when pregnant can be a fun and exciting way to explore your changing body and prepare for labor and birth!
How To Have Fun With Sex Toys When You’re Pregnant
During pregnancy, your body goes through many changes that influence how you experience sex and what feels good for you. Therefore, you should pay close attention to your body and only use toys that feel good. If something doesn’t feel right, stop using it and try something else.
You only want to perform sexual activities that benefit your well-being, not ones that harm you or make you uncomfortable!
Once you’ve found a sex toy that feels good, lube up and go to town. While you may already be super wet due to your body’s hormonal changes, adding some lube to your sex toy sure can’t hurt!
As a side note, you should avoid using colored, flavored, scented, or warming lubes as these often contain glycerin, which is a chemical that can cause irritation or infection.
Now that you’re all lubed up, turn on your sex toy and have at it. Generally, pregnant women, especially in the later stages, find lying on their side enjoyable during sexual activities, as this position doesn’t put any pressure on the stomach.
If you want a no-hassle hands-free toy, I suggest giving the We-Vibe Moxie Panty Vibrator a try. This can be put in place before you get dressed, and you don’t need to leave the couch to make the most of it.
For a more hands-on experience, try the Ohmibod LoveLife Rev Finger Vibrator, Le Wand Rechargeable Massage Wand Vibrator, or the Womanizer Premium Clitoral Stimulator. But as far as pregnant vibrators go, the wand will give you the best access once you start to get too big to reach.
If you’d prefer a toy that helps to enhance your sex life with your partner, the Liberator Sex Position Wedge is a great option.
Types of Sex Toy To Use When Pregnant
There are many different types of sex toys that can be used during pregnancy, including:
Vibrators – These toys produce vibrations that help to increase clitoral stimulation and promote relaxation in the vaginal area. They can be used both externally on the clitoris and internally inside the vagina. Some women find that using a vibrator is an effective way to relieve symptoms of morning sickness, fatigue, and constipation.
Dildos – These toys can be used for both solo play and with a partner to increase arousal and enhance intimacy during pregnancy. Many couples use dildos to explore new positions or techniques that can make sex more comfortable as their bodies change throughout pregnancy.
Ben Wa/Kegal balls – These small, weighted toys are inserted into the vagina to help strengthen pelvic floor muscles and improve circulation and increased blood flow in the vaginal area. They can also be used for solo play to increase arousal and sensation during pregnancy.
Sex Furniture- A sex position wedge can help with comfortable intercourse when pregnant by providing extra support for your body and helping to relieve pressure in the vaginal area. One of the main benefits of using a wedge is that it allows you to control the angle and position of penetration, which may help to increase comfort and minimize any discomfort or pain experienced during sex.
Top Tips for Using Pregnancy Sex Toys
- Start slowly and gradually work up to using higher levels of stimulation as your pregnancy progresses. This will help you to build up a tolerance for more intense sensations and avoid any discomfort or pain caused by overstimulation.
- Always check the materials that are used in sex products before using them, especially if you have an allergy or sensitivity to certain materials. Avoid products that are made with phthalates or any other chemicals or additives that may be harmful to your health or the health of your baby.
- It’s also important to make sure that you’re using intimacy toys and other products in a safe and hygienic way during pregnancy. This means cleaning your products thoroughly after each use and using condoms when sharing toys with a partner.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort while using sexual products or having penetrative sex during pregnancy, stop immediately and consult with your healthcare provider for advice on how to best manage these symptoms.
- Using a sex toy when pregnant can be a fun and exciting way to explore your changing body, prepare for labor and keep a satisfying sex life!
Sex toys are perfectly safe for many pregnant women to use. The best options should be phthalate-free and made from non-porous materials to help prevent bacteria and other harmful chemicals from affecting the fetus.
Choose the Le Wand if you want to be able to use the toy throughout your whole pregnancy, and after. And for the most discreet playtime that your partner can join in on, go for the We-Vibe panty vibrator.
Pregnancy Sex Toy FAQS
Is It Safe To Use Sex Toys While Pregnant?
While you may have fears that your vibrator or dildo will harm your baby, fear not. Your babe is well-protected by the amniotic sac, your uterine muscles, and the cervical plug.
All of these work together to protect your baby from the outside world, meaning sex toys, your partner’s member, and anything else you put in your vagina will not come in contact with your little one.
In fact, sex during pregnancy may have benefits for you and your baby. During sex, you have increased blood flow and cardiovascular functioning and receive a rush of calming hormones, which are very beneficial for your body.
These positive benefits are passed on to your baby, enhancing their well-being.
While sex, and therefore sex toys, are safe for many pregnant women, it’s not recommended for everyone. If you have a high-risk pregnancy or other health issues, your doctors may ask you to forego penetrative sex or tell you to avoid orgasming altogether.
Therefore, you should talk with your doctors to determine what’s safe for you and your baby.
What Type of Materials Should I Look For?
When shopping for sex toys and other products for pregnancy, it’s important to opt for materials that are body-safe and designed specifically for use in the vaginal area. Look for toys made from silicone, glass, or stainless steel, as these materials are non-porous and easy to clean after each use. Other materials that may be suitable for intimate use during pregnancy include soft PVC plastic and elastomer silicone blends that meet FDA regulations for body-safe products.