Hi there! Welcome to Couples Candy and thank you so much for stopping by. I’m Megan, and I’m a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) from Tampa, FL. I studied psychology at the University of Florida and undertook 2 years of post-degree supervised clinical learning.
I specialize in couples and marriage counseling, providing support and guidance to help individuals and couples effectively address personal and relationship challenges.
During my studies, I was able to see first-hand the real benefits of communication for people struggling with various mental health issues. I was also able to enjoy being trusted with deep and personal experiences and information that allowed me to help my clients regain control and joy of their lives.
In the 6 years that I have been a practicing therapist, I have found immense joy in improving relationships with a deep level of compassion and understanding. I integrate modern techniques built to help people to build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
I believe I am a skilled communicator, and I have had the opportunity to help many couples and individuals in moments of frustration and crisis to understand why they were stuck and empower them with the support and tools to find themselves again.
I set up Couples Candy to be a unique and accessible platform for couples who are having trouble communicating or feeling disconnected from one another. I aim to provide the tools through my insightful blog posts that will help you get unstuck, and communicate more effectively so that you can reconnect with your partner in a new and positive way!
It’s a hub of quality information aimed towards a global audience to offer some helpful clarity on a broad range of subject matters such as relationship queries and sexual topics that many people seek answers for.
Every relationship is different, and there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to deeply personal issues. But I aim to produce valuable content that people can draw from and hopefully learn some new things! I have a broad range of favorite topics – but anything that promotes exploration and open communication between couples!
Couples Candy’s Mission:
- To write encouraging blog posts and thoughtful guides that will help you experience greater enjoyment and satisfaction from healthy relationships.
- To provide educational knowledge and insight into all areas of relationships, to help empower you and improve your own physical and emotional wellbeing.
- To promote a sex-positive attitude towards all consensual sexual activities that are fundamentally healthy and pleasurable, while also encouraging sexual experimentation and breaking down stigmas.
- To provide helpful product recommendations in order to help you find the best quality and safest sex toy products available on the market.
- Bachelor’s in Psychology at the University of Florida
- Dual Master’s Marriage & Family Counseling/Therapy at University of Florida
Megan’s Writing Contributions
I am also pleased to have contributed to many of the largest publications on the internet, where I offer insights and analysis into all different aspects of relationships, sexual health, and emotional wellbeing. I love sharing my passion and knowledge with a wider audience, and you can see some of these published articles below:
- Women’s Health: What is sexual grooming?
- Healthline: 9 things to know about sex as a highly sensitive person (HSP)
- Shape: What is relationship anarchy and is it for you?
- MindBodyGreen: What does graysexual mean?
- Bustle: The most common reason couples stop having sex
Thank You For Visiting!
I would like to take this moment to say thank you for stopping by and visiting Couples Candy. I hope you have found it to be a helpful resource for advice on how to navigate intimate relationships and improve your sexual wellness.
If you would like to connect with me, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via LinkedIn or via the contact section of my website.