- What are the Best Ring Gags?
- Ring Gags and Open Mouth Gags Reviews
- How To Choose the Best Ring Gag
- What Features To Look For in a Ring Gag
- How To Have Fun With a Ring Gag
- Final Thoughts
If you’re in a dom-sub relationship, it’s time to give ring gags a try! These sexy devices force your subs’ to keep their mouths wide open, which provides you with plenty of exciting playtime options.
As the name implies, a ring gag is a type of gag that has a ring in the center. The ring goes inside of your mouth and forces it to remain open, preventing you from talking. The ring is open in the center, making this the ideal gag type for oral sex.
In this article, I’ll delve into four of the best ring gags for beginner and advanced users alike. Then, I’ll go over a short buyer’s guide to help you select the perfect gag for your next BDSM session.
What are the Best Ring Gags?
Ring Gags and Open Mouth Gags Reviews
DOMINIX Deluxe Silicone O-Ring Gag Review
This stylish DOMINIX Deluxe ring gag is super comfortable to wear, and is one of the best ring gags for those looking to take their bondage play to the next level.
The ultra-smooth ring is made from medical-grade silicone that is firm enough to keep the mouth open, yet soft enough so it feels comfortable when pressed against teeth.
The internal diameter of the ring is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm), which is on the small side. While this ring size accommodates most penises, you may want to measure up beforehand to see if it’ll fit!
The straps on this gag are adjustable between 14 to 22.5 inches (35.6 to 57.2 cm), so you can modify them to find the perfect fit. They are fastened with a sturdy metal buckle that is lockable if you want to take things up a notch.
Additionally, this gag has two small o-rings that can be attached to BDSM collars and other BDSM restraints, permitting you to bring all of your fantasies to life.
- Silicone ring is soft against the teeth
- Buckle can be locked, making this gag suitable for more advanced players
- Features two small rings that can be hooked up to chains and leads for added fun
- Ring size may be too small to accommodate girthy members
Scandal Silicone Stopper O-Ring Gag Review
If you’re looking for an open mouth gag that’ll allow you to assert your dominance over your submissives in the bedroom, the Scandal Silicone Stopper is the perfect selection!
This sexy lip-shaped gag is made from soft velvety silicone. It has an internal diameter of 2 inches (5.1 cm) that can accommodate most penises or dildos.
If your submissives ever displease you during playtime, you can plug up their mouths with the attached o-ring stopper. When the stopper is in place, the ring becomes incredibly rigid and impossible to breathe through, making it the perfect punishment for your naughty lovers.
This ring gag is comfortable to wear, and the straps are adjustable between 19 to 24.5 inches (48.3 to 62.2 cm), accommodating for most head sizes.
- Comes with a stopper which is the perfect punishment during playtime
- O-ring is lip-shaped, which is sexy and unique
- Silicone ring is comfortable even when worn for extended periods
- Straps can be difficult to adjust
- The 2 inch (5.1 cm) ring size may be too large for beginners
Bondage Boutique XL Silicone O-Ring Gag Review
Keep your lover’s lips open nice and wide with the fabulous Bondage Boutique XL Silicone Ring Gag.
This O-ring gag features a silicone ring that is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter, keeping your sub’s mouths spread open for all kinds of erotic play.
The leather straps are adjustable between 14.5 and 19.5 inches (36.8 to 49.5 cm), accommodating most people. They are connected via a sturdy metal buckle, which will keep the gag tightly in place during your entire session.
On either side of the central bit, there are two small o-rings where you can attach leads, chains, and other restraints to make playtime even more exciting.
- Incredibly well made with soft silicone bit and study leather straps
- Has smaller o-rings where you can attach BDSM leads and restraints
- The silicone is odorless and tasteless
- O-ring may be too small to accommodate men with larger members
DOMINIX Deluxe Silicone Open Mouth Lip Gag Review
Keep your sub’s lips parted and ready for action with this delightful open mouth gag by DOMINIX.
This restraint features a flexible silicone mouthpiece that is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter, making this the perfect toy for beginners. The opening is shaped like a pair of lips, giving this gag an incredibly sexy look that’ll make you want to use it during all of your BDSM playtime sessions.
The gag is held in place with two sturdy faux leather straps. They are totally vegan, meaning you can use this restraint completely guilt-free. The straps can adjust between 16 to 23.5 inches (40.6 to 59.7 cm), allowing them to accommodate smaller and larger head sizes.
- Has faux leather straps that are vegan friendly
- Silicone mouthpiece is flexible, making this an ideal gag for beginners
- Mouth opening is shaped like a pair of lips, giving the gag a sexy look
- Mouthpiece is too flexible to keep the mouth fully open during play
How To Choose the Best Ring Gag
When selecting a mouth open gag, you should consider your experience level and how comfortable you are with gags. This will help you choose a ring gag that is appropriate for you.
The best ring gag depends on your experience level. If you’re a beginner, look for a gag with a small ring that is non-locking. If you’re more advanced, look for a lockable gag with a large ring. If you enjoy using leashes and restraints, look for ring gags that include several o-rings.
For those who are more advanced, the DOMINIX Deluxe Silicone O-Ring Gag or the Scandal Silicone Stopper O-Ring Gag may be better options since the DOMINIX is lockable and the Scandal has a challenging ring diameter of 2 inches (5.1 cm).
What Features To Look For in a Ring Gag
Before you select your ring gag, make sure to consider the following features:
- Consider the ring size. If you’re a newbie, it’s always best to start with a smaller ring size and work your way up as you get more comfortable. I recommend starting with a ring that is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter or less.
- Look for gags that are made from silicone. When you wear a gag, you don’t want it to LITERALLY make you gag due to a disgusting taste or smell. Silicone is a great gag material since it’s very neutral in the smell/taste department, and it is effortless to clean. Plus, it’s super soft, so it will be comfortable to wear for hours on end!
How To Have Fun With a Ring Gag
If you’re in a dominant-submissive relationship, ring gags are a must.
Punishing your subs is one of the main responsibilities of a dominant, and ring gags are the perfect way to punish your subs when they’ve been bad. For example, you can put your sub in ring gags and tell them they aren’t allowed to speak for the rest of the day.
Or, you can use ring gags for sexual punishments where you demand that they give you oral pleasure until told to stop.
You can also use ring gags to assist in humiliation play. You may choose to hook up your subs gag’s to leads or chains and make them follow you around like your pet. Or you can get a ring gag with a stopper and stop up their mouths as a way to embarrass them.
Much like regular ball gags, ring gags prevent your sub from speaking, so you’ll need to develop safety signals that they can use if things get too intense. Some potential signal ideas include your sub’s creating an “X” with their arms in front of their bodies, stomping their feet, snapping their fingers, and more.
Make sure to be observant during play and look out for your subs’ safety signals.
If you want to spice things up during playtime, give ring gags a try. They’re the perfect punishment for disobeying submissive rules, and they’re a great tool to use during humiliation play.
When selecting a ring gag, look for one with a silicone mouthpiece since this material is soft, hygienic, and doesn’t have an awful taste or smell.
Additionally, make sure you choose a ring gag that is suitable for your experience level. If you’re a beginner, I recommend starting with a ring that is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) in diameter and working your way up from there.