- Beginner Dildo Reviews
- What are the Best Beginner Dildos?
- What is a Beginner’s Dildo?
- How to Choose the Best Beginner’s Dildo
- What Features to Look for in a Beginner’s Dildo
- How to Have Fun with a Beginner’s Dildo
- Final Thoughts
Beginner dildos are ideal for first-time vaginal and anal play since they are small, unintimidating, and easy to insert. These versatile sex toys are designed to target your pleasure points through penetration and will be sure to satisfy your body in new and exciting ways.
This article will delve into five of the best first sex toys for beginners, including their features, benefits, and disadvantages. Then, I’ll go over what beginner dildos are, how to select the best one, and several ways you and your partner can have fun with them!
Beginner Dildo Reviews
What are the Best Beginner Dildos?
Lifelike Lover Realistic Dildo 6 Inch Review
The Lifelike Lover Realistic Dildo is a fantastic all-round starter dildo. It features a veiny, ridged shaft that is firm yet flexible for realistic and satisfying solo pleasure. The realistic head and textured balls also help to make this a great choice!
With 5 inches (12.7 cm) of insertable length and a 5 inch (12.7 cm) circumference at its biggest point, this dildo is perfect for first-timers. It provides a delightful filling sensation without causing pain. Just make sure you apply lots of lube!
The best thing about the Lifelike Lover is that its shaft is the perfect balance between firm and flexible. It is firm enough to insert easily while being flexible enough to angle it in a number of ways to find your perfect rhythm!
The design of the Lifelike Lover dildo is excellent. The texture of this dildo, in conjunction with its flared suction cup base and affordable price tag, makes this the best beginner dildo on the market for first time users.
- Realistic veins and ridges for added pleasure
- Size is ideal for inexperienced users
- The bendy shaft allows for realistic sensations and experimentation
- Slightly on the firmer side compared to a real penis
Vixen Spur VixSkin Slimline Realistic Dildo 5 Inch Review
The Vixen Spur is the smallest dildo on our list so far, but it’s also hands down the most realistic! At 5 inches (12.7 cm) long and 3.5 inches (8.9 cm) in circumference, this is the perfect toy for first-timers who want pleasure without any discomfort.
We can’t talk about this dildo without discussing how incredibly realistic it is. For starters, it looks just like the real deal with its slightly curved shaft and detailed head. More importantly, the texture feels wonderfully lifelike due to its unique dual-density design, with a soft outer layer and a firm inner core.
Plus for those with mild vaginismus and other conditions that make vaginal penetration uncomfortable, this toy responds extremely well to human touch to stimulate without pain.
Although it’s not a cheap beginner dildo, its ultra-lifelike features and textures make it well worth the extra cost. It really does mimic the texture of a human penis with excellent attention to detail!
- Incredibly realistic textures that mimics a real penis
- Super pleasurable and extremely well-designed
- It's able to retain body heat for a more realistic sensation
- Premium price tag is hefty for a beginner toy
- Doesn’t feature a suction cup base
Lovehoney Curved Silicone Suction Cup Dildo Review
This 7 inch (17.8 cm) dildo is a slightly longer option, yet it has a curved slimline shaft that is designed to reach the body’s elusive g-spot and p-spot. This beginner dildo is made from firm silicone and follows the body’s natural curves to reach pleasure points, providing wonderful internal sensations.
What makes this dildo great for beginners, in particular, is its smoothness. Textured and veiny dildos with large heads can be overly stimulating or even painful on insertion. However, this dildo has a super smooth, velvety texture that is effortless to insert and retains body heat very well.
This Lovehoney curved silicone dildo has a suction base that allows for hands-free use and it also has a slot that can accommodate a bullet vibrator, making this a supremely versatile and pleasurable beginner dildo.
- Curved design follows the body's natural curves and allows for targeted G-spot stimulation
- Smooth material and slimline shaft makes this a great choice for beginners
- Retains body heat and this provides realistic internal sensations
- Can’t use bullet vibe and suction cup base together
- Perhaps too slim and too firm for some people
Lovehoney Beaded Sensual Glass Dildo Review
This beautiful Lovehoney beaded sensual glass dildo will make your sexual fantasies come true. It is made of glass, which is actually one of the safest and most hygienic materials. Additionally, glass toys can be cooled or heated, which is ideal for experimenting with temperature play!
This 7 inch (17.8 cm) dildo is beaded, which makes it ideal for beginner vaginal and anal play since you can insert the toy one bead in at a time. This is also a great toy for g-spot stimulation since the bulbous head is firm enough to stimulate the elusive pleasure spot.
The weight of this toy is delightful, as is its unbelievably smooth texture. Glass is a wonderful texture that feels super smooth as it glides in and out during penetration, just be sure to use lots of lube!
- The beaded shaft is ideal for G-spot stimulation
- High-quality borosilicate glass texture feels amazing and is easy to clean
- Can be inserted into the fridge or a bowl of warm water for new sensations
- Glass can feel too firm for some people’s liking
- Not as versatile as other beginner dildos because it lacks a flared base
BASICS Suction Cup Dildo 6 Inch Review
The BASICS Suction Cup Dildo is small yet effective, making it an excellent pick for a beginner’s dildo. It is 6 inches (15.2 cm) long and 5 inches (12.7 cm) in circumference, giving it a broader, more satisfying girth than most of the toys on this list. This pink dildo has a veiny shaft and pronounced head that gives it a surprisingly lifelike feel.
The best feature of this dildo is how strong its suction base is. Unlike other suction dildos that come unadhered regularly, this stays right where you put it, even when you take it for a serious ride! You can even use this dildo during bathtime without worrying that it’ll slip off of your shower walls.
This affordable suction cup dildo is an amazing toy for beginners who want to try out a dildo without having to spend a fortune! Despite its low cost, it’s surprisingly lifelike and provides wonderful sensations.
- Amazing pleasure to price ratio considering the affordable price tag
- Really strong suction stays firmly in place
- Girth feels great for vaginal penetration
- The penis head is pronounced and can tug slightly during penetration
What is a Beginner’s Dildo?
Beginner’s dildos are smaller-sized sex toys made from several different materials, including silicone, PVC, and even glass. Generally, they are smaller in length and circumference than intermediate or advanced dildos, making them more comfortable for newbies.
How to Choose the Best Beginner’s Dildo
The best beginner’s dildo should have a small length and circumference that is non-threatening to the user. Additionally, it should be made of a body-safe material that feels comfortable when inserted into the body.
If you’re looking for a dildo to stimulate your prostate or g-spot, select a toy with a large curve and bulbous head, like the Lovehoney Curved Silicone Suction Cup Dildo. However, if you’re looking for an anal toy, look for a dildo with beads, like the Lovehoney Beaded Sensual Glass Dildo. For vaginal play, choose something a little shorter and girthier, like the Lifelike Lover Realistic Dildo.
What Features to Look for in a Beginner’s Dildo
When you’re selecting a beginner’s dildo, there are several factors you should take into consideration. Here are some of the most important:
- Look for toys with an insertable length between 5 to 7 inches (12.7 to 17.8 cm). Since you’re a beginner, it’s a good idea to start with a smaller dildo then work your way up, especially if you plan to use the toy for anal play. No matter how small the toy appears on the screen, trust me, it’ll feel much larger in your anus.
- Make sure it has a flared base if you want to use it for anal play. If you plan to use your dildo for anal, make sure it has a flared base. If you don’t, the toy can go too far inside of you and get lost inside of you. Yikes!
- Select a dildo with the material, design, and texture you want. If you’re into realistic-looking dildos like me, you should select dildos that advertise themselves as “lifelike.” However, if you prefer less realistic toys, look for dildos that are colorful and smooth or made from unauthentic materials, like glass.
- Choose a beginner dildo that’s within your budget. You can spend as little as $10 or as much as $100 on a first-time dildo, the main difference will be the quality of the texture and the realistic feeling of the toy. However much you choose to spend, the toy must be made of body-safe materials, and rest assured that all the options presented in this guide are completely safe.
How to Have Fun with a Beginner’s Dildo
Before using the beginner dildo for the first time, ensure you’re relaxed and use lots of lube! Start off slowly, gently using the dildo to massage the vulva and labia before working up towards penetration.
Once you feel comfortable with the girth and length of the dildo, you can experiment with different rhythms and speeds for penetration. See what works for you! Just remember not to be overly aggressive as deep penetration can be painful, particularly if the dildo reaches your cervix.
You can also use a dildo’s suction-cup feature for some hands-free fun. Place it on your floor or walls and go to town. Make sure to apply lots of lube for the best experience. You can even bring your dildo to the shower and suction cup it to the wall for a great time. Just be careful not to slip!
For slightly more advanced users, try combining the beginner dildo with an external clitoral stimulator device to achieve delicious blended orgasms! You can try a clitoral sucking vibrator, that gently uses air pressure to stimulate the clitoris, or a conventional bullet vibrator to hit the right spots!
If you’re feeling particularly adventurous, another way you can have fun with a beginner’s dildo is to strap it onto a harness and experiment with pegging on your partner.
The best first dildo is one that’s the right size and boasts a realistic feeling texture. It should also have a flared base and realistic balls for versatile play! In terms of size, a first-time dildo should be relatively short and not overly girthy. This gives you the ability to experiment with the toy without being threatened by its size.