Anal play is fun, feels great, and can be a very pleasurable addition to your sex routine. The only problem is that the worry about poop keeps a whole lot of sex-positive people from giving it a go.
If you’re concerned about residue, it’s definitely worth investing in an anal douche. These great tools will help you to feel more confident while permitting hygienic anal play. They are used to clean your rectum, by spraying water or an enema solution for carefree playtime.
In this article, I’ll review five of the best anal douches for clearing out your rectum. Then, I’ll go through a quick buying guide to help you select the perfect anal douche!
What are the Best Anal Douches?
Anal Douches Reviews
The Tracey Cox Anal Douche is made from super-soft silicone, meaning you’ll never have to worry about a hard plastic nozzle scratching you. Plus this 3.5-inch nozzle is incredibly flexible, so you can direct it exactly where it needs to go.
Another wonderful thing about this pliable anal douche is that it’s super easy to clean since it has an unscrewable nozzle. Simply use some mild soap and water, and your douche will be as good as new.
While I wish the bulb was a little bigger and held more water, overall, I love the design of this product. It’s super safe to use, and with proper care, it should last you for years to come.
- Incredibly soft nozzle
- Flexible silicone is easy to insert
- Really easy to clean
- May have to refill the bulb once or twice due to low water capacity
If you want a standard, no-frills product that’ll get the job done right, the BASICS Anal Douche is the best anal douche to buy on a budget.
This simple basics anal douche has a flexible rubber bulb that expels water directly into your rectum, removing any residue of gunk in just a few squirts.
The slender 2.5-inch nozzle is non-threatening and comfortable to insert, making this product ideal for beginners and advanced users alike.
I think the most remarkable thing about this douche is that the nozzle glows in the dark, allowing you to clean your bum in low-light settings. So, no matter when the mood strikes, you’ll be ready!
Overall, this anal cleaner is the best budget anal douche out there.
- Nozzle glows in the dark
- Budget-friendly option
- Nozzle detaches, which allows for easy cleaning
- Bulb is a little stiff
Go big with the Colt Bum Buddy Jumbo Anal Douche! This big boy holds up to 15.5 fl oz (458.4 ml), so you’ll only have to fill it up once to get your bottom sparkling clean.
Its curved nozzle is 6.5 inches long and 3 inches in circumference, so it may be a bit intimidating if you’re a beginner. However, if you’re experienced with anal play, you should be able to handle it!
The Colt Bum Buddy Jumbo anal douche is made from body-safe silicone, which is my absolute favorite material since it is hygienic and easy to clean. Plus, silicone is really soft, so it feels really nice when it enters the inside of your bum.
This massive anal douche is a bit pricey for a douche. However, in my opinion, its water capacity and quality design make it worth the additional cost.
- Jumbo size means you won’t have to refill it several times
- Ideal for advanced users
- Incredibly easy to clean
- Pretty expensive for an anal douche
- May be a bit large for beginners
If you’re new to anal cleaning and you’re looking for a simple, budget anal douche, the Lovehoney Deluxe Anal Douche Kit is a great pick.
This douche comes with two interchangeable nozzles. The thinner nozzle is 3 inches (7.6 cm) long and 2.5 inches in circumference, allowing for easy insertion.
The thicker nozzle is 4 inches long and 3.25 inches in circumference, permitting you to get a deeper clean. Additionally, this attachment has a smooth, rounded tip that is super comfy to insert (as long as you use enough lube)!
If you need a little extra guidance, the anal douche comes with a detailed instruction manual that will teach you exactly how to get your anus clean.
- Affordable price
- Comes with two comfortable nozzle options
- Ideal for beginners
- Thinner nozzle can be a little pokey if you don’t use enough lube
Most anal douches are all work and no play. But that’s not the case with the Colt Anal Douche Kit!
This product comes with a beaded anal attachment that you can put on the douche to add a little excitement to your cleaning session.
This fabulous Colt Anal Douche Kit comes with a standard plastic bulb and 4.5-inch nozzle that thoroughly cleans out your rear. The anal douche has great spray strength, making the cleaning process a breeze.
This nozzle has five distinctive beads that feel nice inside of the anus. While the beads aren’t insanely stimulating, they provide just enough pressure to loosen you up and prepare you for the adventures ahead.
- Beaded attachment is very comfortable to insert
- Anal beads add a little excitement to the cleaning process
- Strong spray strength
- Contains latex and phthalates
- A little bit expensive
Anal Douche Buyer’s Guide
An anal douche is a tool used to clean the anal area. It’s designed to flush out any accumulated fecal matter, dead skin cells, and other debris that can build up in the rectum. Usually consisting of an enema bag or bulb filled with warm water, they are often used in conjunction with lube when engaging in anal sex.
An anal douche is typically easy to use and generally considered safe, but it’s always important to take proper precautions when using any type of water-based cleaning tool in the anal area.
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully, and always start with a low-pressure setting before gradually increasing it if needed.
How To Choose the Best Anal Douche
While selecting the perfect anal douche may sound complicated, it really comes down to your preferences. Do you want a standard douche that gets straight to the point? Or maybe you want a product that comes with several nozzles for a more exciting experience?
The best anal douche has firm bulbs that squirt water deep into the rectum, allowing for a thorough clean. Additionally, it should have comfortable nozzles that are easy to insert and don’t cause any pain.
If you want a standard, affordable douche that’ll get your anus clean, try the BASICS Anal Douche.
Overall, the best anal douche should be designed specifically for anal use. Look for enema bags or bulbs that are made from medical-grade silicone and offer multiple pressure settings so you can adjust the amount of water used based on your preference.
Additionally, look for an anal douche with an easy-to-clean design and one that comes with a lube applicator to make insertion easier.
Features To Look for in an Anal Douche
Before you select your anal douche, consider the following features:
There are a variety of different types anal douche models on the market, each designed to suit individual needs and preferences:
• Enema Bag: An enema bag is a classic douche that consists of a bag filled with water connected to a tube with a nozzle. It is typically used for deeper cleaning and can be used in conjunction with a lubricant for added comfort.
• Bulb Douche: Bulb douches are similar to an enema bag, but with a hollow or squeezable rubber bulb that holds the water instead of a bag. This type of douche is easy to carry and use at home or on the go.
• Shower Douche: A shower douche is an attachment to a shower head or garden hose that allows water to be directed into the anus for cleaning. It is typically best used with a lubricant and can provide deeper cleaning than other types of douches.
• Bidet Douche: A bidet douche consists of a nozzle attached to the side of a toilet bowl and typically uses a higher pressure of water than other douches. It is usually used for a more thorough cleaning and can be used in conjunction with a lubricant if necessary.
• Nozzle Douche: A nozzle douche is a device that consists of a tube attached to a nozzle that can be inserted into the anus. This type of douche is usually used for deeper cleaning and is most often used with a lubricant. These douches are typically attached to bulb douches.
Look for nozzles with rounded tips. I find douches with straight, plastic nozzles to be a little bit pokey. Therefore, I recommend that you look for douches that have nozzles with rounded tips, as these are more comfortable to insert.
You’ll want to make sure the nozzle and hose are smooth, flexible, and non-porous to ensure a comfortable experience.
The nozzle should fit comfortably and securely into the anus, while the bag or bulb should be able to hold enough water to deliver an effective flush.
Choose douche’s made from silicone whenever possible. I am a huge fan of silicone. It is effortless to clean and doesn’t hold onto gross bacteria as other materials do.
Plus, it’s really flexible, making it more comfortable to insert into the anus than more rigid materials, like plastic. So if you can afford a silicone anal douche, I highly recommend them!
The best anal douche will come with a handle that is easy to grip and maneuver. Look for one with an ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand and allows you to adjust the pressure as needed.
A long handle also makes it easier to reach areas deep inside the rectum, providing better cleaning results. A high-quality douche with a well-designed handle will provide the best experience.
How To Use an Anal Douche
For starters, you’ll need to fill up your douche. Typically, you can fill it up with plain old tap water. However, if you use the anal douche a lot, a saline solution (AKA a mixture of water and salt) may be preferable since it’ll help keep your electrolytes in balance.
After you’ve filled your bulb, lube up the tip of the nozzle to make it easier to insert into your anus, then head into the shower and get ready for action (you can also use your douche over the toilet if you’ve got good aim)!
Here are the steps in anal douching:
- Begin by slowly inserting the nozzle into your anus. If the nozzle feels sharp, stop immediately. You don’t want to cut the inside of your rectum (ouch)!
- Firmly squeeze the bulb to release the liquid into your anus.
- Keep the water inside of your anal cavity for a few seconds, then let it out.
- You should repeat this process until the water runs clear or until your bulb runs out of liquid.
Anal douching safety tips
When using an anal douche, it is important to take certain safety precautions:
• Always use lubricant for extra comfort and safety.
• Make sure to read the instructions carefully and use a high-quality anal douche for best results.
• Start with a lower pressure setting and increase gradually as needed.
• Discard any used water after each use.
• Consult with your doctor if you have any health concerns before using the douche.
• Clean the douche thoroughly after each use.
• Make sure to practice safe sex and keep the area clean in order to stay healthy and enjoy your intimate activities.
By taking these precautions, you can ensure that your anal douching experience is both comfortable and hygienic.
Benefits of using an anal douche
Anal douches can be a useful tool to help ensure safe and comfortable anal play. Here are some of the benefits of using one:
• Increased Hygiene: An anal douche helps flush out bacteria and other debris that can build up in the rectum, preventing infections and making anal sex safer.
• Improved Comfort: By using a anal douche, you can help relax the anal muscles and reduce the risk of discomfort or pain during anal play.
• Increased Enjoyment: A clean rectum is more enjoyable for both partners, allowing for a more pleasurable experience.
• Added Confidence: Having an extra layer of protection when engaging in anal activities can help boost confidence and make the experience more enjoyable.
• Easy to Use: Anal douches are generally easy to use and can be done quickly in the privacy of your own home or wherever you choose to engage in intimate play.
Overall, anal douching is an effective way to help ensure safe, clean, and comfortable intimate play. By following these tips, you can enjoy all the benefits that come with using an anal douche.
Anal douches clean out your rectum so you won’t have to feel self-conscious during anal play.
The best anal douches should be comfortable to insert and made from safe materials, such as silicone. Typically, I recommend douches with rounded nozzles, as these are more comfortable to insert.
Before you use your anal douche, make sure you lubricate the tip. Repeat the cleaning process until the water is clear or until your douche runs out of liquid for the best results.
Anal Douche FAQS
Should I douche before anal sex?
Anal douches can help ensure that anal sex is safe and comfortable as well as give you peace of mind before taking part in anal penetration. When used correctly, they can also help reduce the risk of bacterial infections and create a more enjoyable experience for all involved.
However, it’s important to remember that douching is not a substitute for good hygiene or safer anal sex practices. So be sure to practice safe sex and keep the area clean in order to stay healthy and enjoy your intimate activities.
Does an anal douche hurt?
An anal douche should not be painful if used properly. Make sure to use lube and start with a low-pressure setting before gradually increasing it if needed. If you experience any discomfort or pain, stop immediately and try again at a lower-pressure setting.
Is it safe to use tap water in an anal douche?
Yes, it is generally safe to use tap water in a bottom douche. However, if you are unsure about the quality of the water or have any health concerns, it’s best to consult with your doctor before using it.
Generally, it’s best to use warm water as this helps relax the anal muscles and make insertion easier.
What makes the best anal douche?
When looking for the best anal douches, consider a few key factors. First, it is important to choose one that fits comfortably in your hand and allows you to adjust the pressure as needed.
Look for bulb douches with an ergonomic design with a long nozzle to make insertion easier and provide better cleaning results. Additionally, look for high-quality materials such as medical-grade silicone, which is both safe and durable.
What is a shower douche?
A shower douche is a device used to clean the rectum with water. It consists of a tube attached to a nozzle connected to either an adapter on the side of a bathtub or shower or an attachment on the end of your bathroom sink faucet.
This is a lot more of an intense, expensive form of douching, so stick to the products in this article if you are just starting out!